1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My newly Frankensteined bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShiftyShift, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    After a long wait in my closet, my beloved and dear Dean has resurfaced with a new neck. It was originally a Dean Edge 1 (my first bass) that I had half destroyed, and then retired after I got a new bass. I've decied to break the old thing out now though, but with many changes.

First off, I had found the neck warped, and replaced it with a new one from one of my buddies Deans. Then I replaced the pups with active Deans (don't know what model) and put them direct out, with an improvised ground. I also de-fretted the neck, and it is now waiting for epoxy. Enjoy!

100_1244.gif

100_1242-Copy.gif

100_1241-Copy.gif

100_1240-Copy.gif

100_1245.gif

2. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    Anybody have a link to a good, simple epoxy tutorial? If its in "layman's terms" that'd be dandy.

3. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

It is not TOO Frankensteined! I think you did a good job cobbling things together, given what was available.

4. rust_preacher

rust_preacher

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    It's alive!

5. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    Thanks! It plays a lot better than when I put it away, and looks better too (I had spilled white paint all over it....)