My NS stand/endpin configuration

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Funkateer, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I have a love/hate relationship with my EU5. Great sounding marvel of bent wood, but horrible mechanical design of almost everything else. Stand and endpin included. After about 6 months, I finally came up with something that works for me. No thanks to NSD documentation, I must say. However, start with:

Start by rotating the instrument 180 degrees from what is shown. You can now lean the bass back like you would a real upright that somehow had two endpins. I think that if I had done this right away, I may not have bothered with the endpin.

However, since I had one, I took the bolster assembly off the endpin and put it on the stand. Although the arm connecting the bolster to the endpin is unfortunately of a fixed and for me too short length, Now I can lean it back, and lean into it as well. And you don't need to buy the funky endpin stand adapter with parts that need to be taped to the stand.

I tried to attach a picture, but this site is really picky about file and display size. Email me if you need it.
  2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
  3. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Pictures attached.

Attached Files: