My space letter..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by popinfresh, Dec 14, 2005.

1. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    We got this sent to us in a message (as i'm sure many others did)..

Date: Dec 13, 2005 7:02 PM

Greetings independant music artist from Australia! Just wanted to drop you a quick message to let you know about the release of on January 2006! Since you are an artist on Myspace and interested in networking I thought you would be interested in joining our upcoming music community catered exclusively for indie artists just as you. The “.us” stands for “us – as in the music community connected in one.” It will be catered towards you - the independent artist - where you can do the same things you can do here at Myspace but in addition you can make money selling your music, get your songs licensed as well as connect with the music industry! Even if its 2-3 song demos you could still sell them on the site! You will be able to join for free, even making money with selling your music digitally, even demos, at no cost to you.

Im a musician myself, graduated fom Musicians Institute, Hollywood as well as USC School of Music, so I know the burning artist issues such as exposure as well as creating a music focused site for artists to connect with their fans and the entertainment industry. I believe it was my social responsibility to create something for the world indie music scene to truly connect as one global community. Sort of like iTunes but only indie artists. I always believed artist should be compensated for their music and not be taken advantage of.

This has been 5 years in the making and I am really excited about it. Even before the launch the site has over 1 million visitors a month – all music lovers. That is my vision and I would like you to help make it true. I am trying to create the world’s biggest music-only community across the globe. Theres more info on the profile. Also I would LOVE suggestions on what you think can help unsigned or independent bands. That is my objective. You can email me direct at

Anyhow, here is the link to add the official Myspace page to your friends list if you are not already on it and I will keep you posted with the upcoming release. My goal is to have a community of 100,000 unsigned/independant bands that will take the globe by storm! I assure you it will be something beyond Myspace or any other place. I would love some input and ideas on your needs if you have some time to share.

I wish you and your loved ones a great holiday season incidently! Sorry for the long message incidently. Please just ignore this message if it is not of interest to you asan artist. I just thought it would be more personal to send a detailed message with an option to add me as opposed to just sending you an empty "add me" friend request.

Thanks again!

Get Independent! Get Connected!

Worth doing anything with it, or stear clear?