1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My stolen Bass Rig

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by biohazed, Sep 7, 2008.

1. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Ok I really hope this is in the right place.. This happened about a year ago now on August 25th, 2007.

It all started out like a normal Saturday, went to practice came home about sixish to see my at the time fiancee, Brought my basses in and my cable bag like i usually did , locked my truck up and wwnt into my North East Philadelphia Apartment. I left my Hartke head and Cab in my truck like usual as I had another practice on Sunday. So that night I had dinner and we talked about our upcomming wedding icomming up on Sep 15th, and went to bed.

About 3 a.m. or so my wife was awoken (shes is a light sleeper and i sleep like a rock) and saw some shady people outside the apartment, however was not a unusual thing. But she did manage to get the tag number.

Next morning, I got up and my fiancee tells me about the happenings and i kinda blew it off as shady people always appear in or complex ... and proceeded to put the dogs leash and took the dog for a walk. an the way back to the apartment i notice mt truck in the parking lot and there were wires hanging out of the back door so i rushed over ot my truck and immediately noticed the small window on the back door was busted out, at this point i felt nausious as i realized my amp, head, car stereo, sirius satellite receiver, and system were gone. As well as all the contents of my glove box and center console were now littered all over the inside of my truck. I ran inside and called the cops and being that philadelphia cops are useless the took a report and nothing else ever came of it. Called up the guitarist of the band explained what happened and got a call back on Tuesday saying I have too much stuff going on in my life and fired me ... that actually was a finishing point for me ... I stopped playing for almost a year over that incident, and was one of the factors why I moved out of Philadelphia.

That one night cost me alot... a system, my rig even my truck as they shorted out the electrical when they took the system and had alot of issues after that and had to get a new vehicle.

I'm a person that works hard for what I have .. I don't scam, steal or anything ... but I think this was a really raw deal

2. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia

Sucks dude! I left a Korg effects pedal in the front seat once and someone busted my window in PHilly. I rarely used it, so it was no big deal to me, but it still pissed me off.

Anyway, people have actually recovered gear years later, so keep looking. Do you have the serial #s of the gear? Any distinguishing marks or things that would help ID it as yours? I'll keep an eye out!

3. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    yeah I have been keepin an eye out but i've about given out .. I check Myspace classifieds, eBay, and Craig's list religiously as well as I go back to Philly monthly to take my son to his mothers so i will sometimes venture down to the pawn shops under the El.

Honestly I would be happier just finding the person that did it at this point .. I've written everything off mentally as gone but i would love to have 10 minutes alone with the person(s) that are responsible and a baseball bat .. and you can fill in the rest...