1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My story. Read.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JacksonBass, Dec 17, 2011.

1. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Sup readers, Im Jackson, I JUST joined this forum, im 13, pretty young, eighth grader, star football player, music freak, im probably the only kid here that is into the brian setzer and rockabilly scene. im so into music, I know alot about gear for my age, i was at GC and even one of the workers was so suprised on my knowledge, i play bass guitar, and I finally found my place in the music world.

funny story on how i started on bass, last winter, in December,
    I was so into koRn and slipknot, im not into it anymore i just grew out of it, its way too dark, im into punk rock now. But when i was listening to a koRn song, on youtube there was a video on the sidebar that was a guitar cover, i accidentally clicked on it and i didnt even realize it was a guitar cover, koRn uses 7 string guitars, and that B string was so deep, I thought it was a bass, LOL. So from there, I just searched up one of my favorite song's bass cover. I fell in love with the sound, I finally got my hands on a bass, Broke it in a month, nutted up, and got my bass i had wanted since i first got into bass guitar. I started playing guitar in second grade, got lessons, and my guitar teacher and amazing friend Brian Levell, was out on a jog, and fell, and suddenly had a severe heart attck, and died, right there, he was my rock teacher, we even wrote a song together. Once he died, it really bummed me out and i quit. then I got inspired by guitar hero to play drums, turned out, i was not really enjoying myself, then, 2 years later, i got into bass, and its a perfect match!
    I love pop-punk, and clasic rock, and real punk rock, such as fall out boy, yellowcard, blink 182, rise against, ect. Im new to this forum, i love fender P basses, and music is my rock.

R.I.P Brian Levell

2. Sorry for the loss of your teacher.

Welcome to TB, there are people here from all backgrounds with all different tastes in music.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    If there was ever a time to say "cool story bro" on TB, this would be it... But I won't.

Welcome to TalkBass.

4. bassman700

bassman700

Nov 6, 2011
    Hey jackson, I'm 15 and i think im a lot like you. when I was in 8th grade i knew a lot about gear for my age. I picked up the bass sometime in 6th grade after hearing Cliff Burton's solos.

5. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your teacher.

I'm into that music too.

6. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    o trust me, I love it already, and yeah my story is pretty twisted, but man, hey, bass is great, i have found my place, im just a kid, but ive seen it all.

7. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Welcome. You will learn a lot around here.

8. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    dude, he was great, i gave up metal, it caused me to almost totally ruin my life, metallica isnt bad at all, but all this new stuff is poison man. thanks for reading.

9. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    thanks! Ive been on this site several times, its about time i made an account, thanks alot!

10. Zoa

Zoa

Dec 28, 2009
    Welcome to Talkbass! Just a friendly warning, you might not want to go around calling blink-182, FOB etc. "real punk rock." Punk guys can get a bit touchy about that.

What bass do you have?

11. I was assuming the list of bands were related to the "pop punk, classic rock and real punk" comment, it's the only way I could compute it :p

12. Zoa

Zoa

Dec 28, 2009
    Ahh that makes more sense.

13. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    i meant to say on the bands Zoa, that i like the old punk rock like the clash and stuff, the fallout boy and blink 182 are pop-punk, sorry if that confused you and i labeled it wrong. :p

14. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    and a schecter stilletto costom 4 strings, good bass, i can get good punk tones out of it, but its an active EQ :p

15. Zoa

Zoa

Dec 28, 2009
    Nice nice, that's a quality piece of equipment.

16. JacksonBass

JacksonBass

Dec 17, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    yes sir, thanks man !

17. Should be able to make punk music with any bass young blood ;)

18. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    Indeed.

19. bassman700

bassman700

Nov 6, 2011
    I don't have much experience with Schecter, played one at GC once, but that's all.. I'm playing a 4003 Jetglo Rickenbacker, and I also got a epiphone thunderbird.

Attached Files:

20. I'm 15, a Freshman in HS, I love the Stray Cats and Brian Setzer. Last year, I knew enough about gear, haha.