Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My teaching blog

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Aug 31, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So I've always thought of blogs as an exercise in narcissism. Now that I actually have a topic that I can blog about though I've started doing one myself at the suggestion of NJL. I still think it's an exercise in narcissism but oh well.

The focus of my blog is being a first year teacher and that's what my posts are all about. I had my first class today and it was pretty crazy but went ok.

Here's the site if anyone's interested:

http://digmetheteacher.blogspot.com/

It's not all that great. I'm still trying to get down a style and whatnot...hopefully it will get better.

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    If would have had a blog my first year of teaching, it would have been nothing but a bunch of @#$%!!! and ########! and !@#%$#$.

Best wishes Qintar.....er......Brad

3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'll be reading this...I miss teaching; I've mostly been studying it in grad school for the past several years, but miss "doing". If you ever want to turn the blog into an academic paper and want to bounce around ideas, write me.

My first year of teaching was great, but exhausting...one night I was talking in my sleep and asked my wife where her math homework was. ahh anxiety fun.

Marshall

4. Gave me some laughs... :smug:

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that tuesday post was very good.

classic digme, one might say.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why thank you.

7. Bring your bass in, sing about social studies and reading.

8. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    he's not jack black, now. :spit:

9. I suggest you start them reading 1984. IF they can't understand give them the audio version :)

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Audio version is much better. ;)

Attached Files:

11. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    oh, man.

you have to read the november 4th entry!

:D :D :D

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    :smug:

13. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    theach commanded me to spread The Word!

14. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hey man, that's pretty funny. I'm 30, married/no kids, teacher. Get out while you can!!!! :eek:

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm about to turn 30, married, no kids, teacher. No way I'm gettin' out now! :p

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Brad... just to let you know... i am very much enjoying the blog... thanks man:)

I don't know about getting out part... i acctually think teaching is very much fun...

PS i don't know but i personally dont remeber anyone eating buggers in 5th grade:/ i remeber throwing buggers at girls and stuff though... Its the "inside the class snowball fight".

17. funny stuff :)

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    PS Brad... I have an anwser to your anceint question... try belvedere... its pretty damn good vodka... :)

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    For those of you who read it and enjoyed Friday's stick with today's too. I got it up late and it's kind of slow at the beginning but I've got some more Teacher Appreciation card sentiments that are pretty good. :)

20. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    originally from digme's blog:

i read that with mitch hedberg's voice in my mind.

yeah, we had the santa's secret shop in my elementary school, too, and it was dollar-store stuff, as well.

get well soon! :p