Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My uncle died

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by raycer, Apr 26, 2004.

1. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    A few days ago, he was complaining of pain, and he went to the hospital and they found he had large kidney stones and they were treating them, but today he had a stroke and passed away in the Hospital.

He was awesome. Funny, one of the best Guitar players I have ever seen (played everything, but mostly Latin Trio music,) a master electrician, good to his kids, all around a great person. Always welcomed us to his home, helped my Mom thru alot. My Mom flew over yesterday for the funeral, I wish we could go but no $$$ for a plane trip to PR . He is one of the few people in my extended family I actually cared about and will miss.

He played in a trio in Puerto Rico and local radio station that knew him dedicated the evening show to him on the air and his fellow bandmates are going to play a tribute to him at his wake tonight.

I remeber visiting his house and seeing people gathering around because he had friend over who were stars of latin music, and they were jamming on his porch with him.

:bassist: Play on Pucho, play on

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to hear that. He sounds like a great man.

brad cook

3. So sorry for your loss, Raycer.

Mike

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    sorry to hear that... RIP...

5. Sorry to hear that, but at least your Mom got to go.

6. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Thanks everybody.