1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mystery custom bass- Hammond Darkstar pickup

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by corinpills, Apr 20, 2016.

1. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I stopped very briefly at a music store off of South Street in Philly yesterday- Bluebond Guitars- and spotted an interesting looking bass that had a Hammond Darkstar on it. I think it said Baily on the headstock- the sales person just said it was a local builder.

I was with my wife and son, so I only got a minute to check it out, but it was only $650. Considering the pickup, I thought that was pretty reasonable. Take it easy on judging my playing- I had a stroke 106 days ago and my left hand isn't exactly in sync with my right hand, but I thought one of you guys might know this builder.

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You found a parking spot in Philly! That's news.

tightbidness and corinpills like this.
  3. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Actually, gotta say: that part wasn't too bad. We got an AirBnB in Queen Village a few blocks over from the end of South Street and there was free street parking after 6:30 and a $6 all day parking in a lot nearby.