1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD! GK MB212-ii

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    So after some other issues I won't go into, I decided to go back to my tried and true GK. Completely blown away with the power and tone this thing puts out. Can't wait to get itnto rehearsal tomorrow and a gig this weekend!

IMG_6774.JPG

Oh and I guess I'll post the family photo.

IMG_6777.JPG

L to R: MB115, MB212-ii, MB800/CX410

2. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I just picked up the same amp. I have plenty of amps but enjoy combos for ease of transport (light combos). I have been using a Rumble 200 V3 which I really dig but had a few gigs where I wanted a bit more. I toyed with picking up an extension cab but then I decided I wanted to check out GK (never had a GK). So far, the tone is much more "clinical". Works well, but doesn't have the immediate pleasing tone from the Rumble IMO. I have only used the GK MB212 for one gig (and asked to turn down from the soundman LOL). I ran it mainly flat so still experimenting. It didn't rattle and certainly might be the loudest combo amp ever.

3. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Been using mine at rehearsals. One country band and the other Hardcore Thrash. Works great for both. Basically the only difference in the settings are turning the master and boost down or up depending on what rehearsal I'm at.

4. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I really didn't "get" my MB212-II until last night. Normally play shows with IEM's and keeping the stage volume down (if I even bring an amp). Some shows we have floor wedges so I need an amp, but for modern country, the GK just didn't seem to sound great at lower volumes. Jammed with some rock guys for an upcoming show playing Rush, Maiden, Cheap Trick, Ozzy etc...the GK shined! It hit that sweet growl spot....stayed fat and clear. Killer amp but I think for my main country gig I should have gone smaller so the sweet spot would be there. BTW, it was with 2 guitars and loud drums...one guy had a 100 watt Soldano playing with a 4x12 cab. The MB212-II could have crushed him ha ha.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I hear ya. I would love a bigger gig with no PA support so I can really see what this thing can do lol. I had to "downgrade" for rehearsals. I no longer have the MB115 pictured above, I picked up an MB112-ii for that. I think I've found my sweet spot with 12" speakers.

6. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    12's are cool (and I was always a 15" fan). I have a Genz Neox212t, the GK MB212-II combo, and for smaller practices, a Fender Rumble 100v2. I would really like to check out a GK MB112-ii now though!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021