1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD! Streamliner Bliss!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gustobassman, Mar 7, 2013.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    So i just received my Streamliner 900 that i bought from the classifieds. :hyper:

HOLY $#@%!!!

This amp is SICK. I have been chasing this type of tone for years with a Sansamp BDDI and whatever i used for a head at the time. After scouring this http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/genz-streamliner-600-900-tone-control-primer-813663/ for the last day and a half i took note of some popular settings and have been having a blast trying them out. Right now I'm using 11-1:30-11 (gain,vol @noon) and 600 mid.

It really warms up my Schroeder cabinets like crazy!

The obligatory crappy cell pic!

Attached Files:

2. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    +1

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Imagine... warm bass for... a bass?
    NICE !
    Rock on love mine too

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very cool congrats and enjoy.

5. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Compared to the old, beat up 800RB i've had for years it's warm like hawaii in summertime!!! I purchased a TH500 in November (that was stolen in January), and i thought that amp was going to be it for me. After hearing the STL 900 i realized i was waaayyy off in what i thought my tonal goals really were. This thing is for real!

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Congrats - I really like my Streamliner 900... IMO, the best feature of these amps is the killer sounding DI...

- georgestrings

7. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... the StreamLiner is a great amp , congrat's !!!
    :cool:

8. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    since I got my streamliner, I've sold off my old amp (only amp I had for 16 years) and started selling off some pedals I had been using for tone sweetening. Great amp

9. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    Had mine for a week or so, completely hooked...An amp that has a build quality to match the price is a rare thing, an all tube pre-amp is a rare thing, a (real) studio quality DI is a rare thing, a line level DI is a really rare thing...did i also mention it sounds great?

Amp bliss.... selling Ashdown, G&L JB2, Ibby SRA500 and mebbe even the TC to help fund both it and the Uber Quad that sneaked itself in :)

Enjoy!

10. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses, Genzler Amplification
    I think you will enjoy it-Ive had mine for a little over a year and still love it.I would imagine it sounds great with the Schroeder too. Take some time to experiment with the EQ-there is a lot going on in there.

11. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Preachin' to the choir my friend. It's ALL I use ever since they were introduced. I just played a nice small club last Saturday with my Epi 15 and NO FOH support. People in the BACK of the place (about 150 feet away) said my bass sounded fantastic.

12. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    My Streamliner 900 came yesterday. WOW! Looks like there will be 2 Ampeg SVT-4 Pro's for sale!!!

Attached Files:

13. I would be curious to hear how you find the pairing of the 900 with your 215. Seems like the right pairing of yin and yang.

14. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Just did it! Blew my mind!!!! They were made for each other, IMO.

Attached Files:

15. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    I got to use the Streamliner at a quickie rehearsal today and everyone noticed a HUGE difference. It did seem a little subdued through my 8 ohm 212PL, but a little knob twiddling and man... it was thick.

There is a lot going on the EQ section. I can see where some would get frustrated, especially with a mid-scooped cab. I found myself wanting some more highs, but that was easily adjusted with the onboard EQ of my bass. I was cranking today and never saw the clip light. I have yet to really mess with the Gain button, does that drive the first tube stage harder? It seemed kinda "grindy" when i turned it on.

All in all, i'm stoked so far. The first gig I get to use it is next Thursday night.

16. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Where did my post go? Why are the mods deleting posts for no reason? This place is changing, and I don't like it. I think I'm going to just use this place for their classifieds.

17. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    What did you say for christ sake? What is this China?

18. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses, Genzler Amplification
    I would love to hear that!

19. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Hmm.. what did you say? If it was about my hair.. no, it's not growing back anytime soon! :p But seriously..... :confused:

20. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    Im just guessing that rig sounds incredible!