Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Name change.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I changed my name from AAAEdaji to Whafrodamus.. Thought you'd like to know :p

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Did you do it through your profile, or do you need a mod's help?

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've seen other that have changed their name put in their signature:

"Formally AAAEdaji"

4. With all th damn name changes around here lately i feel like i just joined a new forum and im the stranger :p

5. I decided to change mine because I thought it would be nice to have a name people could go "I'm not sure what that is but I think I can pronounce it and I have a slight idea about what it means." Instead of "So...Sol..whatever I don't know how to pronounce that, I have no clue to what it means, I guess I'll remember him that way, I don't understand his user name."

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    your avatar still doesn't work, and no one pronounces names on the internet ;)

7. could someone tell me how (step-by-step) to fix my avatar problems. I have been told I need to clean my cache (its probably just me but that sounds dirty :p ) but I don't know how. :meh:

8. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    So what does it mean?
    I assume you are not affiliated with the Eight Trigram secret society, are you?

9. I am learning Ba Gua from my martial arts teacher teacher, Grand Master Verigan. She was taught Ba Gua from Dr. Daniel K. Pai. Right now my training is focused on the internal styles, mostly Ba Gua, Tai Chi, and a very little bit of Hsing-I (or Xing Ye, I've seen it spelled both ways, but nnot sure if I spelled them right anyways). Also I used tiger for two reasons: One is that my rank (brown sash) is considered tiger level and two my body type about average hight strong, but kind of stocky. While on the subjest I might as well add that I am testing for my black in August at our annual summer camp, I know I am ready. I also know that I have alot to learn.

10. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm not quite sure how deleting your cache will help, but if you want to you just go to Tools/Internet Options/General/
    Then click: Delete Cookies and Delete Files.

11. Did it work?

(I thought I did it before, might have been with the S.F. one)

12. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I have never had a problem seeing it.......

13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I can see your avatar.

14. Well you're alot of help :rolleyes:

:p

15. Could you see it before, Nick?

16. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah. I don't remember not being able to see it.

17. then you would not be a help in this matter either. If you could see it before then I don't need your imput, and we could just get back to the topic of name changes. If some who could not see it before could tell me if they see it now I would I appreciate it.

18. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    I can't see it. And I don't think I could before.

19. Thank you. That's not what I was hoping, it was what I was expecting, but thank you, you helped.

20. Sometimes I think about switching to my real name, since most people don't know what is an ombudsman. They think it means that I drink Budweiser. Budweiser tastes awful.