Nanocomp & Nanoverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Sep 20, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have a friend who's selling these collectively for about $130 there in mint condition and he's only used them in his studio.

I use to use the nanocomp all the time and thought it was quite nice and transparent.

Is this a good deal are they worth getting? I've been after a compressor for a while but was leaning towards the punch factory or digitech. Is the alesis better?

Right now on to the nanoverb, I never used this but it seems to have good features and I was going to buy a DL4 (Until I saw the RC20XL now I need to compare), So I was thinking the nanoveb and then either a rc-20 or a rc-20xl would give me just as good functionality as a dl4 but I would have undo features and longer looping time.

Has anybody used either of these units? Would you recommend these for live useage?

Thanks guys
  2. Re: the NanoVerb-

I use one live with my keyboard. Settings I use are the reverb, chorus / reverb combined, & rotary speaker. No complaints, the unit has served me well. Also like the fact that when I switch settings or make adjustments, it doesn't make any noise. Tip- setting the proper input and output gain (as with all preamps / effects) is important for best signal to noise ratio, best headroom. Haven't used the NanoVerb with bass in a live setting.

Paid $79 for mine (B-stock) from AMS.
  3. BTW -

If I had a few more bones to spend, I'd pick up a Boss SE70 and a MidiMouse. Although the SE70 is menu driven (vs the simple 'knob in your face' with the NanoVerb) the editing capabilities make it more versatile. (MidiMouse would allow easy patch changes) I think TB member John Turner uses an SE70, he might tell you more about it if you're interested.

Do you read any of the reviews at Harmony Central? They can be informative when studying your needs vs how well the equipment works for people who have used it.

HTH :)
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp

Harmony Central is my first port of call when ever I'm offered anything. I just wanted a bass player specific view on them.

I'm only interested in these units because my friend is selling them if it falls through I'll go back to my original GAS of a Digitech or aphex compressor and the DL4

Thanks for the info though.