1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nathan East You Tube Enlightenment

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Deak, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Deak

Deak

Feb 28, 2016
    Kansas
    Is there anyone more laid back and just plain decent than this guy?

I have a habit of constantly looking for videos and training or transcriptions and play a longs on You Tube and there are many who do training and instruction so very well.

I have found that Nathan East is by far one of the most influential bassist that plays like I think and hear, as bass lines go, but then he says, "Then if you want you can do this or if you want, to try this too" "Isn't that fun?"

Isn't that fun?!?!?!?!?!?! . . . mind blown. He makes sense to me. No bad ass uppity attitude and he smiles more than anyone I know. Obviously one heck of a first call bassist who, by his education, discography and resume' has more than earned his chops and respect.

He just throws his knowledge and technique out there so casually and gives you the feeling that you are going to do just fine. Anything to help you be a better listener/observer/learner.

I could go on but I just think he's a class act. If you haven't checked him out, it's worth your studies to. No doubt most of you already have.

tshapiro and viking power like this.
  2. Thanks for the site. I'll give this some time.

Deak likes this.
  3. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    My favorite Nathan East clip: The one chord challenge.

Deak likes this.