natural blonde

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by lefty, Dec 28, 2007.

1. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    has anyone tried one of these yet?

2. conte2music

conte2music Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Dobbs Ferry, NY
    I thought I did...turns out she was dying it for years:bag:

3. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    har-har-har!!!

4. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    the swr natural blonde amplifier

5. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    Hi lefty,

The natural blonde appears to be a repackaged california blonde with an eye toward marketing it to DB players. I can't tell you anything about the natural blonde, but I have been using the california blonde with DB for the last 10 years with excellent results. It's not my amp of choice, primarily because I'm getting too old and fragile to be lugging a 53 pound box around. I currently us an AI Contra. It has high impedance input, but I don't know what the numbers are, I suspect around 1 meg-ohm. I have gotten many compliments on the sound of the blonde, but I have seen several folks on this board make disparaging remarks about it's sound. I suspect that those individuals have never played thru one.

6. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    You gotta get to third base quicker! :D

7. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    IMHO SWR has been trying for years to build a high end DB amplifier with mixed results. The Baby Blue was the first attempt, I owned one and really didn't care for the midrange voicing of the amplifier, but I really liked the 2x8 cabinet so I bought one of the few Baby Blue extension cabinets built and used it with a Walter Woods MI-100-8. It was a good sounding rig.
    The Natural Blonde has lot's of great features, but it's on the heavy side and underpowered, just like the Baby Blue was. I'd make sure that I had one out on several gigs and loved it before I purchased one.

Ric

8. I tried one (california blonde), and it wasn't NEARLY loud enough.

Johnny

9. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
    i bought one today. sounds great, looks good,feature rich.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021