1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blendermassacre, Sep 25, 2010.

1. New Birthday Bass Day

My wife and I were out today, and I stopped by a music shop that I had never been to before. I picked up a Jack Casady for the first time. I was jamming out on it, and I realized that they were blowing out the floor models for $535, since they had been there for a while (8 months apparently). After watching me play it for a bit, my wife told me to buy it, since my birthday is on tuesday.

I picked up some fender flats while I was there, and ran home to put them on. I adjusted the bridge a bit, and checked the intonation, and it was DEAD ON! This bass is awesome. I've been wanting a hollow body for quite a while, but never found anything that I liked that I could play before buying. When my wife told me to buy it, I was shocked. I coluldn't believe that she was cool with me buying it. I was hoping to get a squier classic vibe after some extra birthday cash, not a whole new bass. The gold top is awesome in person, and it's got tone for days.

The only "issue" with it (being a floor model) was that the tone selector was a bit loose, so I popped off the knob and tightened it back up. Problem solved, and almost $300 off. Now to attempt to find a case...
    On to the pics:
    P9251418.jpg
    P9251419.jpg
    P9251420.jpg
    P9251421.jpg
    P9251423.jpg

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    cool bass! i dig those. congrats and happy B'day!

3. I really like those. I want one...or at least a chance to play one.

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Congrats man, she's a beaut!

5. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Congrats on your low cost-find, and Happy Birthday, Early!

6. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    I love that colour. Sweet bass dude!

7. mulchor

mulchor

Apr 21, 2010
    St Pete, FL
    Many Happy Returns!

8. Sweetness. My JC with flats sounds sexy, so i can imagine what your tone's like. What are your thoughts on the pickguard? I've always thought it looked best without it, just want to hear some other opinions.

9. slotrod65

slotrod65

Dec 29, 2009
    I love these basses. Happy Birthday!

10. Happy b-day and congrats on a beauty and a beauty of a deal!

11. congrats on the gold!

12. sexy AND classy

13. Nice! I have been wanting one of those. What store did you find it at?

14. I got it at Guitar syndicate on 18th and central downtown. There is one left.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

I'm pickguard neutral on this bass. I may get another color at some point, but I'm not sure what..

15. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I used to have one in Vintage Sunburst. Looked great, sounded great. The only thing I didn't like about it was the placement of the strap button on the neck side. I never could get used to that.

As for the pickguard, I prefer keeping it on. But I'm a pickguard kind of guy. I don't like to see "naked" P's, Jazzes, or Stingrays either. I think the pickguard helps give it that special look (assuming that you don't have a hideous one!)... ;)

16. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    happy birthday, it's funny i got my girlfriend an epi sg for her birthday

17. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    cool bass and happy birthday.

18. JRoyval

JRoyval Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Nice Bday present! enjoy it :bassist:

Sound samples perhaps?? ;)

19. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Excellent sale price. Congrats.

20. I've been wanting to check that place out. Just found out about it a couple months ago. What did you think of that store?