NBD Bassmods MF5 70's pu spacing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kerrycares, Apr 21, 2018.

1. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
    Well this is my third new and 4th overall Bassmods purchase and I can tell you it has been a journey!

1) used MF5 natural, chrome hardware, Lindy Fralin pups ... great
    2) MF5 Blue ... had defective pickup that was replaced ... great

NBD Bassmods K34 MF5

3) KM5 Purple ... had defective battery wiring that i had corrected... great , but not my thing

NBD Bassmods KM5

4) NBD MF5 natural , gold hardware ..... great .... no issues!

For me, these basses have been the best finds in the market for Fender Jazz type basses.
    They offer a variety of woods and pup spacings 60's or 70's for 5 string basses.
    I really don't understand why Fender wont build a 70's pup spacing 5 string.?????
    These basses sound absolutely amazing ,PLEK fret setup, have good build quality and at $1,149 are excellent buys that play well straight out of the box.

I put these basses on par with my previous Sadowsky, Fender, Fodera, Pavel, Sire, Mike Lull and everything in between.

Outside of the two quality control issues I have been more than satisfied with my purchases.

2. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
    Just added black Fender knobs

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021