1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

NBD: Fender Jaguar Made in Japan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hardbassjunkie, Sep 16, 2019.

1. I really shouldn't be buying another bass BUT it was a deal I could not pass up. I got this bass for $365 CAD ($275 USD). There are a few dings and it has obviously been dropped. No cracks. This bass seems to have been abused. Also, the slot for the battery is missing which doesn't break my heart because I prefer passive basses anyways. Also the metal plate that is holding the knobs seems to be warped. I added a picture to see what people think.

Otherwise, it plays great. Could probably use a set up but doesn't need one. The hardware is amazing, it looks beautiful, and plays great. Quality wise it feels and looks better then my MIM Fender Jazz. The neck is absolutely amazing. Action is good, no dead spots and no buzzing. Has interesting strings with grey stitching.

Overall, I think it was a great purchase! I'm just wondering about the the metal plate. Also, what do people think of the damage on the body. I seems to be just cosmetic.

20190916_201908.jpg 20190916_201915 (1).jpg 20190916_203547 (1).jpg 20190916_204728.jpg Screenshot_20190915-163136_Gallery.jpg

2. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Cool! Scuffs are so rock and roll- some people pay extra for that ;)

Interested to see how the repairs/rewire goes. Is it currently functioning as a passive bass now?

3. Stratomato

Stratomato

Jun 26, 2019
    San Diego
    WOW! That's a cool find. I'd probably replace the control plate and call it a day, assuming the pups work passively.

4. Yes it is.

5. Yes they do!

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a great deal! An MIJ Fender for $275 is a great value.

Hardbassjunkie likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021