NBD. Fender Player Jaguar!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tim68, Apr 19, 2019.

1. tim68

tim68

Oct 16, 2013
    Harvest AL
    20190419_193458.jpg 20190419_193509.jpg Decided to return a Player series Precision. It was still in the return period, and I just wanted something a little different.
    Loved the Tidepool color on the Precision I had, so I opted for that same color again..this time on a Player Jaguar.

So far, looks like a great decision! I love this body shape, love the feel of the Jazz neck, and I still have that glorious P bass split-coil!
    (Doubt if I'll use the J pickup much, if at all)

Tone on this thing is incredible...all of the notes are ringing out loud and clear....no dead spots I have found yet.
    Just got her in today, and have done my tweaking, and restringing with my customary Ernie Ball Super Slinkys.
    VERY happy. :):thumbsup::D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    mbell75, PWRL, PockySteve and 3 others like this.
  2. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2008
    That's a hot bass! :bassist:

tim68 likes this.
  3. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I'm a P bass/J neck player myself, I always stop and look at a Jag. Those players are so sweet! I like the simplicity (ie no switches) enjoy!

tim68 likes this.
  4. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    So we're 3 months out since you got the bass.
    How are you liking it now?
    What do you think about the pups? Leave 'em or replace with some EMG GZRs?

I've been wanting a P/J setup and of all the Fenders I've looked at, this one in the same color you got, so far is my fav choice of what Fender has to offer unless I want to spend north of 1500 bucks, of which I don't.
    And for some odd reason the bass makes me think of the Jetsons. Something about that old but futuristic shape that catches my eye. And it's not another Jazz or P shaped bass. Don't see many, if any, of these being played around the local music scene here.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  5. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Nice follow up! I always wonder what happens after the NBD honeymoon is over....

I've only seen one on stage. It was a sunburst Fender Jag bass with the switches, I think it was probably a MIJ. they were playing great dance covers (Bowie, Prince, etc) at our town's porch fest. Killer female singer. That bass, and band, had some serious mojo :cool:

Clark W likes this.
  6. Raising a zombie, since Player Jaguar doesn't seem popular around here :)

7. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    I've actually got Fender's current Player Jaguar on my radar. Just bought a used FSR Squire short scale Jag that I'm going to gut and dump some EMG pups in.

Then there's Troy Sanders of Mastodon. Apparently he likes Jags enough that Fender did a signature series for him.

8. Raising a zombie again, I just got the same bass delivered yesterday, and I love it! I can't wait to actually try it out with the band. I had a VM Jag and it was my go to during practice, but it was a bit boring looking so I got tidepool as well. 145811309_10101062528742641_3278241831084291122_o.jpg