1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Fender Player P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGeekJack, Jan 19, 2019.

1. At last I've come to the point financially where it doesn't seem like overkill to buy a second P bass. Got a barely used Tidepool Player P for a good price (pictured right). Feels just like my 2015 MIM Standard (pictured left). The pickups are a little hotter. Why two P basses? I'm going to keep rounds on one and flats/tapes on the other! I think the colors compliment each other well. Now I feel like I have all I need (until the inevitable GAS relapse)!

Bass Bros.jpg

murphy, P. Aaron, Plake and 8 others like this.
  2. Congrats! Now you need a third- rounds, flats and tapes!

BassGeekJack likes this.
  3. geowis

geowis Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Hopewell, NJ
    I have three P basses with the same pickups and strings. To me it’s like being able to spend the night with a set of gorgeous triplets. Yes, they’re mostly the same, but isn’t three better than one? :bassist:

BassGeekJack likes this.
  4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Nice basses. I'm a big fan of tide pool blue and maple fingerboard, but I have to say that sunburst and rosewood P is really speaking to me. I say throw the flats or tapes on the burst and keep rounds on the new player.

BassGeekJack likes this.