NBD - Fender Shell Pink!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Bass Abides, Jun 8, 2021.

1. The Bass Abides

The Bass Abides

Mar 3, 2019
    So lately I have been fighting GAS and wanted to try something new. At this point I just play for my own enjoyment/relaxation so I was trying to keep my purchase to around $500-600. I was innocently perusing basses on the GC website...and I saw the listing. A Fender limited edition American Jazz bass with rosewood neck. The picture wasn't even up yet. I have always wanted a shell pink bass...but the description didn't mention color. But I had a feeling this might be the shell pink bass I have been I have been seeking! I gave GC a call and the phone line was down! After calling the store many times with no luck, I called the general customer service number. The service rep was great and confirmed it was the shell pink limited edition. The store manager then emailed me some pics and said the bass was is perfect condition!

However, the bass was still 2X my budget...dilemma? Nope. I bought it! As soon as I received the bass, all buyers remorse went out the window! I absolutely love it!

Now I need to stop perusing basses online! :) thumbnail_IMG_2793.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2792.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2794.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2794.jpg

2. Ricky Rioli

Ricky Rioli

Sep 29, 2020
    UK
    That bass is the wallpaper on my phone :drool:
    And when I was resisting buying one, it was being prices at significantly more than 2× $5-600!

BrentSimons, Mili and Rabidhamster like this.
  3. The Bass Abides

The Bass Abides

Mar 3, 2019
    To be fair, it was slightly above 2X $600. Tax and shipping brought it to just under $1400. For the condition the bass is in, I thought it was a good price!

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    noice.gif

5. "I was innocently perusing basses" :roflmao:

five7, Mili, 4SG and 21 others like this.
  6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Still, a good price since I doubt you'll see another one for popping up, especially one with an inline truss rod.

7. sonojono

sonojono Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2013
    California
    I too am an avid peruse GC website hunter and had came across that listing. Great find and was close to pulling the trigger but I knew I would take a huge gamble buying something that’s sight unseen.

Congrats new owner!!!!

the harp unstrung likes this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

if it plays and sounds as good as it looks = you scored a huge win! congratulations on your new instrument, OP! :thumbsup:

9. omg that NECK

10. Eighthnoterock

Eighthnoterock Supporting Member

May 25, 2018
    Lynden Washington
    Yes this bass had "distracted" me in the past as well...

11. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
  12. Bertr

Bertr

May 6, 2013
    I love it!
    If it was me, I would celebrate instyle the new acquisition:
    47ac0de61c44a696275d439a4e4b8cc9.jpg

13. Soberglitch

Soberglitch

Feb 14, 2021
    Oregon
    That neck looks amazing. Great purchase IMO. Congrats!

thunesBARROW and The Bass Abides like this.
  14. Beautiful bass! Shell pink may be my favourite finish, it certainly is right now.

I wouldn't think an-all rosewood neck would be my thing, either.. but that is gorgeous.

How does the neck feel? I imagine it being a very satin-y finish.

15. The Bass Abides

The Bass Abides

Mar 3, 2019
    And I appreciate your willpower!! :roflmao:

sonojono likes this.
  16. The Bass Abides

The Bass Abides

Mar 3, 2019
    you are not helping me convince myself!! ;)

17. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    If it gives you joy, it’s worth every penny.

Relayer71 and The Bass Abides like this.
  18. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    That is Rockin'!!!
    Love shell pink. I hope you enjoy the rosewood neck. I have a Fender P Bass with a rosewood neck and it has become one of my favorites, it just feels warm, right? And it's super smooth. And the etched logo is super cool.
    In fact, I have been "innocently perusing" a Rarities Strat with a rosewood neck, kinda waiting to see if it goes down a couple hundred.

Post pics of the back of that neck, you'll get a ton of likes! Enjoy!

19. Zoffy

Zoffy

Jun 7, 2020
    Sacramento CA
    Sometimes colors and color combinations just work; that combo works! Even though it was over budget, it's a great looking bass and I think you will be very happy with it! :thumbsup:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021