NBD, Hohner punk rock monster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, May 6, 2019.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Well I found myself in the German city of Aachen and I saw this body for sale at one of their music shop and it came with a neck included.

20 Euros later it was mine. The body came without hardware and the finish was rough, so I decided to raid my own parts pantry and put it together with whatever I had lying around.
    DSC01800.JPG I still have to fit a pickup and I couldn't find a G string but this is what I have so far.
    DSC01801.JPG The "Pickguard" is a license plate, the "Born from pain" sticker covers up the rout of the J-bass pickup since I'm going for the one pickup only thing here. And for good measure I sprayed a little white on the upper half of the body to offset that yellow license plate.
    DSC01802.JPG The tuners are from two incomplete sets, the E tuner is different from the other three. The neck itself has an issue with the trussrod but other than that plays just fine.

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I like it. I especially like the license plate pickguard. Most of all, I like the rough cut floor that you used for the background.

3. I like. Definite punk feel. I'd rock it.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022