1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Ibanez SRX Content Inside

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kendric, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Hello all, just wanted to post a picture and brag a little on my new (to me) Ibanez SRX 490.

I hope the picture isn't too crappy. Camera phone was all I had last night at band practice.

As you can see, this is a SRX 490 made in Indonesia Ibanez. I couldn't find any information on this bass online, so I'm not sure how rare a bass this is.

It plays like a dream, so many tonal options, from really mellow using fingerstyle to agressive rock, in your face boomy goodness when beating on the strings with a pick.

One thing I have noticed from playing it is that it needs to have a tight leash on it, it wants to get out and play!

I love the finish on it as well, it's certainly something I haven't seen on many basses, and I just think it's cool. Don't know if you can see it on the photo, but the fretboard has barbed wire running along the length, which is really cool, only I can't see it unless I'm not playing :-(

Well, that's it for now, I just wanted to share this with the TB community.

Attached Files:

2. Wow, 105 views and no replies.

Is there just a lot of hate on the SRX series, or am I missing something?

3. Nope nothing wrong with them, just Ibanez basses are fairly common especially SR/SRX series

4. I love the SRX series. I really want one in a 5er some day

5. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Looks dangerous.

6. I have an SRX300...took a lot of fooling around with my amp eq to get it the way I wanted, but I got it now!!! Sweet finish on that one by the way..

7. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island
    Looks real NICE!!!

8. as a fellow SRX owner all I can say is SRX RULES!!!!!!

Congatulations!!!!!

9. Only problem I've found these basses is the pre amp is garbage, they sound awesome when made passive wit ha VOL VOL TONE set up like a jazz bass.

10. I hear you 5 and theres nothing wrong with that they sound great like that... But I've always felt the stock e.q. and pick ups are what makes the SRX special or at least different. IMO. They do sound good passive though.

And to each there own.