1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! MIM Fender PJ Deluxe Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Samuel Newsom, May 18, 2018.

1. Samuel Newsom

Samuel Newsom

Mar 5, 2018
    So I noticed one of these at a local guitar center and I really noticed the color. Fast forward a few months I saw one of these at another guitar center, but played it and was blown away at how comfortable this bass was. I have many different kinds of basses but this one just spoke to me. However I couldn’t justify $900 for ANOTHER bass so I passed. Well I waltzed into the same guitar center yesterday and found this baby in the used section in perfect condition with no wear or damage whatsoever! Traded in a few impulse buy guitars I had and walked out with it. I have a p bass and a jazz bass already but I love the neck binding and block inlays. It has a vintage 70’s style jazz bass neck and is the most comfortable 4 string I’ve ever played hands down!

Attached Files:

2. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Nice! I love that color too!

3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

it's the only thing that counts! the bass looks great! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

4. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    Congrats, OP - those are really nice basses...

5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Congrats!
    That is my favorite recent Fender bass, if they had offered it lefthanded I would have one.

6. There have been a number of great P/J basses Made by Fender over the years, at least since the mid eighties. Though IMHO, that one might be the nicest looking, I love the color of those. I own two 80's P/Js that are both great basses in their own right, The Cowpoke and a Precision Lyte.

7. Samuel Newsom

Samuel Newsom

Mar 5, 2018
    I have a 2000 hot rodded American standard o bass which is pretty much just a p bass with a j bass bridge pickup. Still has a p bass neck and my jazz bass has a modified c neck which is...ok. But this vintage jazz neck is awesome!