NBD: Mockingbird Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minirehak 212, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Well here I go doing something I never thought I'd do again. I was talking with someone at a local shop by me about getting a 6 string off of him. So after talking me and him made a deal where I gave him my Rockbass Corvette and he gave me a Rouge 6 string. Well I was about to leave his shop and I saw his mockingbird sitting on its hanger. I've been eyeballing this bass for a while now and I brought it up to him again today and he brought up another trade. My beat up German Warwick Corvette for this 20160302_184214.jpg 20160302_184231.jpg 20160302_172609.jpg 20160302_184253.jpg It's a Heritage Classic Mockingbird. I'm still not sure if it was a great trade or not but I'll give it time to actually sink in and get used to it. First impressions are that it's really comfortable to play and fits nicely on me. And it just looks amazing! The tone is pretty meh right now but it needs new strings bad. I feel kind of weird without my Warwicks though. We agreed that the first month if we decide it doesn't work out we can return the basses. You guys think it's a decent trade?

2. dragon2knight

dragon2knight

Jan 23, 2016
    Bronx, NY
    Wow, really nice looking bass!! Not too unexpected as it is a Rich after all ;) Like the way the colors mesh, and the inlay's are the icing on the cake. Looks the part for sure, hope it plays it, too. HNBD!

Minirehak 212 likes this.
  3. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    Hey i think that is a sweet looking bass.I have never seen one before ever before your post.It has to be somewhat rare i would guess.Im from Ont. Canada i know BC Rich guitars are a quality guitar so im sure the Bassrs are too.Very Nice this compliment is coming from a diehard Fender guy ha ha
    Terry

4. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    I know the color combo is really great. And the black ebony FB really adds to the vibe of the bass. It plays pretty good. It's hard to tell from the pics but the headstock also matched that quilting the body has. The bass definitely fits the metal look

5. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Oh here's the 6 string If anyone is interested, it's not as good looking as the bird 20160302_172642.jpg

dragon2knight likes this.
  6. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Always loved the mockingbird shape. The only BC Rich I really dig, but I hate the way they balance.

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I bet the bird will look incredible on stage.

Congrats.

8. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Yeah it feels like a Thunderbird when strapped. The first thing I gotta do if I decide to keep it is get a better strap

Nev375 likes this.
  9. DOMIT

DOMIT

Feb 16, 2016
    That Mockingbird is freakin' beautiful! As for "was it a good trade": well... if you are happy, it doesn't matter. The Warwicks are MUCH easier to find, and the selling prices I have seen for the two are fairly close (I was shopping both when I bought my ST)

10. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    My German was far from perfect condition, whole body was beat up, big scratches and dents, a big hole covered up by a control plate and not to mention the fretboard coming apart by the nut. He had this for sale for 500 and did an even trade. The BC is in perfect condition. I still need to get used to them

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022