NBD: old Squier 50's classic vibe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevinpmajka, Aug 12, 2018.

1. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    Thanks to other classic vibe posts, SCPB gas, and my squier 60's classic precision.... I got a 50's one off eBay. Well I got it a couple of weeks ago and got a setup and tlc done.... Pickguard was wrecked, had rust on the tuners, and bridge. Swapped the bridge and tuners, and pickguard and now it's happy. It's a keeper!

I am not a fan of the bridges that come on this series so I would have swapped that anyways. Talking myself out of the jazz bass now....

The only knock against it are the flush mount straploks from Dunlop. Not a fan.
    IMG_20180812_132349.jpg

2. Enjoy.

I got mine when they first came out, swapped a Fralin pickup in, and have played it as much as my "expensive basses".

Good axe.

kevinpmajka likes this.
  3. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Congrats. You new blue baby look Nice with pearl white pickguard.

Pls, find a new dome knob for it.

4. Nice bass! You’re a couple months in now, what’re your thoughts? How is the neck profile? More like a fat precision?

5. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    It's good. I really like the neck. I don't find it that big. I think I prefer my 60's Classic Vibe over it overall, but I think the 50's is a really nice sonic flavor that goes well with my Highway Precision, JMJ mustang. I'm probably letting the 60's CVP go to fund a guitar soon. I've wanted a Tele bass forever, this one is great with the Labella Deep Talkin flats on it.

6. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    ooooooooo!

7. I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago that was in excellent condition. I've wanted a Tele bass as well for the past year but I haven't been willing to spend big buck on one because it won't get a lot of use. I'm liking it as it is, no mods other than bridge and pickup chrome covers.

TD