NBD - Squier Bronco Bass (slightly modded)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JasonPark, Oct 8, 2017.

1. JasonPark

JasonPark

Oct 8, 2017
    Hungary
    Hey Everyone!

I recently bought a Squier Bronco Bass at a local guitar shop. It was there for almost one and a half year, but i never tried it out because it's a short scale model. I never played a SS bass before, because I always looked at these as a beginner bass. Damn I was so wrong.

So last week when I was taking my Epiphone Thunderbird to the shop to set up the neck, I saw this bass one again. Asked the shop owner to try it out, and oh my god! It was fantastic! It plays like a dream! It has a fast neck, low string height, and a nice warm tone. It also has a Fender SCN pickup, which must be better than the original strat style one.
    So for approximately 60$, I couldn't left it there.
    Damn, I was so dumb to not try SS basses in the past. So it looks like I must change my current gear :roflmao:
    Here are some pics:

K2jr9OI.jpg
    6UuxYyl.jpg
    rHqiZuu.jpg
    WHShQZo.jpg

2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Jazz Jr :D

3. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Almost looks like there's three different brands of string on that..

Hadn't heard of a Fender SCN pup...off to check that pup out online..:)

4. JasonPark

JasonPark

Oct 8, 2017
    Hungary
    Yeah xD it came this way from the shop. I just ordered a set of Fender short scale strings

ZenG likes this.
  5. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    I love the feel of those necks.

6. ray62

ray62

Feb 24, 2017
    Milan,Italy
    I've had Precision and Jazz over the years, now I bought a Bronco and sincerely over the weight and short scale I found the bronco a all-around instrument with a great tone and punch ,with her lipstick is great.

7. SCN... Single Coil Neck pickup

8. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    No........ Samarium Cobalt Noiseless. Cobalt magnets, split-style humbucker. Generally a well regarded pickup.

9. Made by Fender? Cooool thanks

10. Waytootrue

Waytootrue

Jan 19, 2018
    Denver
    $60? Nice steal man! Have fun with it.

11. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    Nice catch!!!
    That baby would look good with a cream PG. I bought two Bronco to mod the heck out of, and the black one's PG had aged to cream.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022