NBD x2!!! Tell me your thoughts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xkmattx, Nov 3, 2011.

1. xkmattx

xkmattx

May 8, 2011
    I picked up a MTD Artist bass. Its a 2002 and is a 5 string.

FS/FT Rare 2002 MTD Artist 5 Bass-M.I. Czech Rep. ::: Nordstrand Pups

and i got a tobias growler from the mid 90's

TOBIAS GROWLER 5 STRING GIBSON MADE MID 90'S,BARTOLINI,WENGE

So far i think i like them a lot but have not had enough time to really make up my mind. Anyone have experience with these basses? i am wondering if i paid too much, but i had a hard time finding info on them. Seem to have comfortable necks, and good electronics.

tell me your thoughts!:bassist::hyper:

2. basskillah

basskillah

Sep 14, 2004
    Peyton, CO
    Nice basses dude. I think the Artist was a little overpriced. Im assuming the extra cost might be justified in the upgraded Nordstrand electronics. The Growler's posting was expired in the link you had listed, so I couldn't see any info. I've played Growler 5's before and they're great! Which bass do you like better?

3. My thoughts? Ya dun goofed. But, I'm weird like that ;).

4. Sure that's not a Grendel if it's from 2002? That's still pretty high priced, they usually go for about half that. Not sure about the Growler since the ad is gone.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I really hope you didn't pay $1200 for the Grendel.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021