1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NED - Well, old Yamaha S112 IV Speakers

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by slamjet, Feb 26, 2016.

1. slamjet

slamjet

Nov 1, 2006
    California
    I've been building up my equipment and I found this pair of Yamaha S112 IV speakers on eBay for $200 (local, so no shipping cost). Nothing is blown out so all I had to do was replace the feet.

9c0e1945-12fe-451a-aec9-32c6bcb92fd3_zpslkv8rgzg.

I'll tell you what, these blow away my cheap-at-all-levels Kustom 12-inchers I bought on sale from Musicians Friend. Put on a couple of new emblems and they're all set.

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Those series of Yamahas have always been a pretty good speaker. Simple, durable and pretty good sounding. Double check them to see if they are plywood or mdf/particle board. If they are not plywood you just need to take a little extra care to avoid dropping them or letting them get wet. We use two of the Yamaha 15s for our PA tops and my monitor wedge is a Yamaha as well.