1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a good new gigbass :O

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by staf Wouters, Aug 24, 2012.

1. staf Wouters

staf Wouters

Jan 18, 2011
    Hello forum

Straight to the point: I need a new bass, but I don't know what one. There's a huge list atm and I want to shorten it.

I'm going to tune it to drop C.
    I like a punchy powerfull bassy sound.

Like this one:

Also, I'd like it to be a lightweight. I want to be able to do some cool moving on stage too, remaining stationary is not my style :).

I also can't choose between 4 and 5 string. Most of our songs are in dropped C tuning, some in dropped D.

My budget goes up to €1200 in the extreme. But I'd like to keep it around €700 ^^.

I've recently found an ibanez atk 310 for €350, what do you guys think?
    I've also been considering a G&L tribute premium L2500 and an Ibanez ATK705 or Ibanez SR500. Maybe I'll try a Warwick too.
    I really can't choose ^^.

Greetz,
    Me :bag:

P.S.: forgive me my chaoticness, please :p

2. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

Sep 9, 2008
    Buy one of these from me:

Music Man Sterling (USA) HH 5
    Music Man Sterling (USA) HS 4
    Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
    Fender Am. Std. P Bass 2011

They will all do what you want...

3. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    I really like the L2000, but lightweight is not the first adjective that comes to mind. Try it out on a strap before making a commitment.

4. ilikebass7

ilikebass7

Sep 7, 2008
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    Warwick has very tight lows especially thumb basses, but they are heavy. You could do an ash corvette or a proline corvette, they are a bit lighter. .y proline has tone for days. It's also for sale but That's another story

Inane basses are extremely light and many sound great. Go try some out. I would say buying used is best bang for your buck

5. ATKs are a secret in this business...

6. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    Spector Rebop. /thread. :)

7. CORBS

CORBS Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2010
    The ATK is a good choice but a used Warwick is never a bad idea. Even the Corvette standard is a great bass that sounds exactly like you described.