Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a new game

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Jun 28, 2004.

1. I need a new game either for the Pc or PS2. I like RPG's shooters action. Everything really. I'm looking for recommendations. Please help the duck :)

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´m now quite fond of Call of Duty.

Fun both in single and multiplayer!

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is coming out on October 19th.

Till then try "The Suffering"

4. My friend and I beat it on normal mode. Good game. Also I'm looking for something already out.

5. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm really digging the game for Ps2 called "The Thing". Its based on what happens after the end of the John Carpenter movie of the same name. Kinda a Resident Evil set in Antartica if you will. I really like how you have a team and you have to show them at times that you haven't been "infected" as well as you having to "test" them for infection so you can trust each other. Rent it and check it out at least. Its great! :hyper:

http://www.thethinggames.com/splash.html

6. Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne...I am addicted.

7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I'm addicted to Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield for the PC right now.

But call of Duty is really good, as is Unreal Tournament 2004.

8. Beyond Divinity is a pretty good RPG that came out recently so it should be easy to find. Maybe a little harder to find is Gothic II, it is hard but in my opinion a very good game. Sure you start out weaker than a farmer's wife, but eventually you can kill dragons and orcs with weapons you made. Morrow wind is quite good but you will want to have a good computer for it. The original is probably very hard to find but also very good. And of course Neverwinter Nights. The previous are for PC. For PS2 I won't suggest anything, I gave up on the system... I recently bought an XBox and am waiting for Fable, if everything is like they said it would be then it will be a teriffic RPG but since I have never heard of the company making it and its release date has been pushed back (I believe) more than a year I am sceptical, I mean :meh:

9. Best first person shoot in the WORLD (thats right, suck this information in) is CS.

If you dont have Counter Strike for your PC, you just aren't a true first person shooter lover... so how you get it, is you have to pay $30 to sign up with there server called "Steam" then your set to go, but you dont only get CS, you get like.. some other cool first person shooters too.

10. Steam cost money now?

Since when? :confused:

11. Fook CS. It's all about Day of Defeat ^^

12. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    +1 for the Neverwinter Nights series.

13. Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam, although both require to be online to be truely fun.

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    my boyfriend and dad both dig max payne.

15. I would play DoD if I could get my computer to run better.

I don't play too well with 10-20 fps. But I normally get about 50 for CS, so...

16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I believe the newer version of DoD 1.2 runs about the same as CS now. It's the best WWII game out in terms of game play.

17. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    i just got the demo of the new splinter cell game. pandora tomorrow? great game, even the demo rocks. just google splinter cell pandora tomorrow demo. i'll be buying that soon enough.

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  19. Halo! Halo 2 this fall! I don't even own an xbox!

20. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    do you play terrorist hunt? If so look for the_Engineer, I play on the Mass Tactical servers a lot.

Unreal 2K4 I'm Crappy Robot, usually playing CTF or Onslaught.

I'd say try Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, awesome online game, as a merc or as a spy.
    edit: the single player game kicks serious as$ too.