Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need A New General Purpose Effects Unit

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Nov 16, 2003.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi all, I'd like to upgrade from my Lexicon MPX-100. It has a nice collection of effects in it, but I'm primarily interested in reverb and delay (for general purpose home studio use). All that other stuff (chorus, flanging, etc) is unnecessary. I'd like a reasonably high end unit, under a grand if possible. What should I be looking at? First, what's a good "commercial" unit, comparable to the MPX-100 but maybe a step up, and then what's a good "professional" unit? Thanks!

2. Commercial unit= Yamaha XPS 90

The prosumer, I would suggest the Lexicon PCM 60, nothing but verb and chorus dedicated.

In my studio, we have the Lexicon 60, 70, 80 and 90 which covers any effect you desire!

The Eventide H3000E is pretty awesome too.

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Thanks Treena! About the Eventide, I've been noticing the various different "versions" (D/SE, etc). Are the newer ones worth the extra cost? Or is it all a bunch of new presets (like, here's a collection of Steve Vai's favorite sounds)?

4. Same patches as before just added a bunch (collection of such and such) as you stated.

[​IMG]
    Treena