1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need advice on Eden vs Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eureka kid, Jan 12, 2018.

1. eureka kid

eureka kid Better here than Philadelphia

I posted this once but I think it was the wrong place lol;). I have two Eden 405's(might be in the mood to sell one if anyone is interested)an Eden D212Xlt 8ohms and a Hartke HD25 that I use for practice:bassist:. I've been thinking about sidelining the Eden and Going with a Hartke LH 1000,a Hartke 4x10HD and a 1x15HD. Is this a good idea or should I stay With Eden and buy a Eden D-210XST 8ohm to go with what I have? Please I need opinions. Help!:woot:

2. ThreeEcho7

ThreeEcho7

Nov 21, 2017
    An opinion? I have one of those! ;)

I have a Hartke HD410 I bought recently, and I like it. It will handle just about anything I could throw at it, it's solid, sounds good, and is a pretty compelling price. It is on the bright side, but I like that. I can turn off the horn if it's too zingy.

Eden stuff is high quality. The D210XST has a lower frequency range than the Hartke, for what that's worth. A 2x10 is easier to move than a 4x10, so that may be something to consider. You could always run 2 2x10s instead of a 4x10. Some folks even stack them vertically and report it sounds good. The Eden is ported, and the Hartke isn't.

Also watch out about mixing 4x10s and 1x15s. The speaker sensitivities are different so the different cabinets will not be the same volume, though I realize the LH1000 head has the ability to vary the balance between two cabinets, so you might be able to mitigate that some. There are a lot of TalkBass threads that cover mixing cabinets with different sized speakers, and most folks seem to be against it. There are a lot of comments about potential phase issues and frequency cancellation with mixed cabs. Victor Wooten runs the 4x10 and 1x15 combination, and other big names have too. So your mileage may vary. I tend to agree with the idea that if you like the sound of a 4x10 and you want more volume, just get another 4x10, not a 1x15. These cabinets all have wide frequency ranges, so a 4x10 is very capable of deep lows and 1x15s can make great highs.

ErnieD, eureka kid and eriky4003 like this.
  3. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    imo, i'd stick with eden. if it were me, i'd add another d212xlt, but that was not in your list of options, so there you go. rock on!

eureka kid likes this.
  4. I run a 5 Str into an Eden WT550 > 212XLT+210XST (both 4ohm) and can say they work very well together.

Maurie.

eureka kid likes this.
  5. eureka kid

eureka kid Better here than Philadelphia

Thanks. Very helpful. Keep me informed about how the 410HD is working for you.

ThreeEcho7 likes this.
  6. moogieotter

moogieotter Custom Title

Jun 16, 2009
    Duluth, GA
    Team 405 Time Traveler - high five!

7. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    IME the difference is night and day.
    Eden is top of the line and Hartke is not.
    I upgraded from Hartke 4x10 XL to a Eden XST 2x10.