need advise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cuban B, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cuban B

Cuban B

Nov 18, 2015
    I recently purchased a peavey xr 600c and was wondering if anyone might know if I could use this amp as a preamp for an Ampeg portaflex 500 for the benefit of the 9 band eq. Thanks in advance for any info. Oh and what might be the best way to go about it. Thanks again.

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    The Peavey XR 600c is a powered mixer. The front panel "Main", "Monitor" and "Effects" outputs all appear to be pre-equalizer, so that won't meet your requirement. The graphical EQ only works post mix and just before the mains amplifiers.
    User manual (skimpy as it is) can be found here: PEAVEY XR600C OPERATING MANUAL Pdf Download.

I think you're making this unnecessarily complicated. If you want graphic EQ, get a purpose-built pedal or rack unit. Much easier to connect, operate and schlep.

dincz and JimmyM like this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Agreed with abarson.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021