1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEED DRAGONETTI CADENZA!

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by AdaGio³, Apr 24, 2006.

1. AdaGio³

AdaGio³

Feb 9, 2006
    I'm preforming just the third movement of the Dragonetti A Major Concerto. I tried writing my own. Is there any versions of the Dragonetti with a cadenza in the third movement or does anyone know of any I can purchase.

2. I've never heard of a cadenza being in the last movement. Do you mean the second movement, or are you actually squeezing a cadenza somewhere in the last movement?

3. AdaGio³

AdaGio³

Feb 9, 2006
    I have a recording with a cadenza in the third.....its half pizz. i forgot whose album it was on. (i dont like it enough to transcribe)

but in essence, yes im trying to squeeze a cadenza in there. Any ideas?

4. Don't write anything, just make it up when you get there. Would have worked for Dragonetti.

Honestly, I don't see a cadenza (did I really misspell that both times? yeesh) as being necessary. If you're really set on doing it, you'll have to make your own. Since it was probably something this performer did on his own, there won't be anything available for purchase.

5. sibass89

sibass89

Jan 29, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    The cadenza you are talking about was put in by Gary Karr and Gary Karr wrote it himself. I've never seen it published before and I've never seen an edition of Dragonetti that had a cadenza in that spot.

6. Pcocobass

Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    The edition I had when I performed that concerto had a written out cadenza in the second movement (Zimmerman?). I personally wrote my own but stole some parts of that one that I liked. Try transcribing some of Gary's cadenza if you like certain things he is doing. Or maybe find another recording for some new ideas.