1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help getting a song onto the PC...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by golden_boy, May 8, 2005.

1. golden_boy

golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    Right, so we recorded a song with the band today, and did a rough play through of it straight onto my MD... thinking I could then just get it onto my computer using my netMD... problem is, because it wasnt a song taht was put onto the MD by the PC, it wont let me get it onto the PC - so, is there any way of me getting onto my PC in another way?

I really want to get our song on the net :( lol

cheers for any help!

2. Stomniar

Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    I maybe thinking about the wrong thing here, by MD, what are you meaning?

3. MD = Mini Disc

The way that I record from MD is to use a 3.5mm jack to jack from the headphone socket into the mic/line in on your PC soundcard, it doesn't have bad record quality if your using relatively good software. I use Sound Forge to cut up edit etc, because it saves in MP3 and it was free. :p

4. golden_boy

golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
  5. It needs some work (no offence) on the tightening up the playing/keeping in time stuff but it sounds pretty cool. Very nice bassline, nice and smooth kinda stands out but not too much, I like.. :bassist: :cool:

As a side note: the second one "PooPoo Mcgee Take Two" is real quiet on the MP3.