Need help getting a song onto the PC...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by golden_boy, May 8, 2005.

1. golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    Right, so we recorded a song with the band today, and did a rough play through of it straight onto my MD... thinking I could then just get it onto my computer using my netMD... problem is, because it wasnt a song taht was put onto the MD by the PC, it wont let me get it onto the PC - so, is there any way of me getting onto my PC in another way?

I really want to get our song on the net :( lol

cheers for any help!
  2. Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    I maybe thinking about the wrong thing here, by MD, what are you meaning?
  3. MD = Mini Disc

The way that I record from MD is to use a 3.5mm jack to jack from the headphone socket into the mic/line in on your PC soundcard, it doesn't have bad record quality if your using relatively good software. I use Sound Forge to cut up edit etc, because it saves in MP3 and it was free. :p
  4. golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
  5. It needs some work (no offence) on the tightening up the playing/keeping in time stuff but it sounds pretty cool. Very nice bassline, nice and smooth kinda stands out but not too much, I like.. :bassist: :cool:

As a side note: the second one "PooPoo Mcgee Take Two" is real quiet on the MP3.