Need help identifying guitar body material and colour

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Seke, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Seke

Seke

Nov 17, 2021
    dear all,

i now own a 2007 american deluxe jazz bass which i bought second hand. i really love the guitar, the tones, the feeling and all. i'm not sure which wood and finish is used and want to confirm the info i got from the seller. but i couldnt find specifically this combination online or in any of the fender catalogs from 2000s onwards.

1) the body looks like alder but the tone is more like ash, tbh very difficult for me to really say, can you confirm this is alder?

2) the finish colour seems to be tobacco burst, do you agree?

3) fretboard looks 99% rw to me. yes?

please help, you are the only possible source i've got. and let me know if you need more info or pics etc.

* i also have a mexican mustang and a washburn bantam x-400. first owner of both so no questions there :)

thank you!

Attached Files:

2. nmiller

nmiller

Sep 1, 2010
    Rocky Hill, CT
    Looks more like ash than alder to me, but it's very hard to tell from this one lousy pic. The fretboard looks like rosewood (definitely not maple or ebony) but I'm not sure when Fender started using Pau Ferro.

Seke likes this.
  3. Looks like an normal 019-4560-752 to me.

B0381F56-4EA3-4BAA-B942-07ADC4313E41.jpeg

Seke likes this.
  4. Seke

Seke

Nov 17, 2021
    thanks Oli. got it.

FenderOli likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022