Need help spending $650

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Mar 17, 2005.

1. I want to get the most out of this money (more than one bass) So...

Would it be better to get a Peavey Mill 4 ACBXP at 200 on the bay combined with a tribute L-2500 450 on the bay

Total $650

Or a Peavey Mill 200 and a Brice Z6 neck through 400?

Total $600

I wanted a 4 string to be my main slapper and a good solid workhorse for fingerstyle with lots of bottom.What would you do? Or would you go a totally different route? Thanks
  2. Why do you want 2 basses for 650?

The tribute is a solid bass but how about you save up a bit more and buy a US L-2500. Just my suggestion.
  3. Send me some, I'll help you spend it. :D

I'd probably go with the tribute, or buy just a 4 and save up a little before you buy the 5. I played around with a tribute the other day, and was pretty impressed.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think one bass would be better than 2 worse ones.
  5. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1. You can get a nice little Carvin for $650.
  6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

+1 I'd much rather have one decent bass than two crappy ones. For $650 you could get a Fender Geddy Lee, a Lakland Skyline 55-01, a Musicman S.U.B., or a pretty good used bass.
  7. Eric Sherlock

Eric Sherlock

Mar 8, 2005
    instead of buying two OK basses, why don't u just get a good bass. i think u would be better off
  8. bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Count me in with the majority. Quantity doesn't necessarily mean that you're getting the most for your money... in fact, its sometimes (and in this case) quite the opposite.

Instead of getting two low-end basses that you're just ok with, be patient and get one good mid-range bass that you'll be happy with for a while.
  9. You know I thought the G&L's were the popular basses around here. I played one and liked it more than the Cirrus IMO. It had more definition to me.

I was thinking a good G&L and an inexpensive 4 for slap and learning slap.
  10. bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I don't think it was as much of the G&L being a bad choice, he just seemed to be weighing quantity over quality when it came to trying to get the most for his money.
  11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

You can get a used US built G&L for that money if you look around....