Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help With ODB-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jarhead, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead

Jul 9, 2004
    I want to record Anasthesia (pulling teeth) and i have a wah and the boss ODB-3 (I know it doesnt sound exactly like Cliff, but that doesnt bother me). When i play it through my amp, the distortion and wah sound decent enough to record with, but when i plug it in to my Fostex MR-8 recorder, the sound totally changes and the overdrive sounds less like the amped sound and loses its "open" sounding distortion, without me using any other effects with it. Any suggestions? Is there any other way besides recording through a mic? Sorry for being so general. :meh:

2. yeah, i think this might be better in the recording gear forum,

that being said, i had that same problem too. i added a little reverb, and that helped...what really fixed it for me was since i use cool edit pro, which has a room simulator (where it simulates mic-ing a room) and that is what it needed.
    this probably really doesn't help you though, but try it.

good luck,
    charlie

3. Jarhead

Jarhead

Jul 9, 2004
    That actually helps alot. what is cool edit pro? i'm doing it through a multitrack recorder, not the computer. But yeah, the multitracker has reverb, i'll try adding it. Initially i thought it was an EQ issue, but that might work. Thanks for the help.

4. cool edit pro is the program i use to record on my computer...i knew that you weren't doing it on your computer, but i was telling you what seemed to work for me. :D

the reason i mentioned cool edit pro and the room simulator is that you can input the size of the room, where in the room you want your speakers, and where in that room you want the microphones...and you hit "go" and the computer basically makes a room reverb according to your input...its really cool!

Charlie

5. Jarhead

Jarhead

Jul 9, 2004
    Almost makes me wish i didn't get a multitracker... :(

I'm sure it'll pay off in the long run, when i finally find a band to join.

Thanks for the help