1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with the Behringer Vbass rack

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mrcheney, Sep 22, 2008.

1. mrcheney

mrcheney

May 27, 2008
    Greetings fellow low enders!

Just bought a VBass Pro on Ebay ... the rack mount version ... plugged it into my rack and within minutes hated the amp/cabinet modeling feature. Currently I'm using it pre-eq out to my speakers since it's the only way I can get even a hint of decent tone.

Problem is I really want to use the other effects and compression.

Questions for the class: Is there a way to bypass only the amp/cabinet modeling portion of the unit?

Quick responses will allow me a quicker decision as to use this as a boat anchor or keep it.

Extra bonus question: Am I just an idiot not being able to figure out which output to use?

Thanks in advance!

mike

2. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    pressing the tuner and the tap buttons at the same time will bypass the preamp (modelling) and leave the fx usable.
    I never liked the sound of mine untill I put it in the Fx loop and Blended it in with my amp. Sounds awesome with the blend knob at about 65 percent. Play with it a little untill you get it to sound good. Also you can leave the amp sims and bypass the cab sims by setting it to L3 on the global input.
    Just push the D and E buttons at the same time to go to the global input settings, then use the arrow buttons to toggle to L3. In global you can also adjust the global input gain by holding the tap button down and adjusting the gain knob. This might help alot if you have an active bass or a passive with hot pup's. If you need more help just let me know. It took awhile to learn but know I use it as an essential piece of gear. Also on the output you need to use the left analog output. also the rear pre dsp input sounds better than just plugging into the front, just remember to push the rear line in button on the front panel.