1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some Accugroove feedback.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rhythm5, Mar 17, 2008.

1. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    So..... a pair of Tri-112L AND a pair of Tri-115L would be insane? I've been dreaming of adding two Tri-115L cabs to my rig, for some reason... I seldom feel that my Tri-112 pair is inadequate, but the big-rig idea is somehow seductive....

Some other day maybe. :-/

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    OK, but every purchase choice I ever have made based on what I heard there has been successful for me. Just MHO. :cool:

3. OK, Just pulled the plug on a Tr1 115 today from Atlanta Bass Gallery. I'm just ordering the one cabinet for now till I can check it out and decide on what to match it with. Three week wait at the moment. Hopefully my new GB Shuttle 6.0 will arrive around then as well. Really looking foward to getting this cab as it has been quite a few years since I have had a 15" cab.

4. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    +1
    Great analogy.

5. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as there is nowhere in Los Angeles to check these out. I'm hoping the Tri 115 gives me what I have looking for. Deep, rich low end with a more natural "non tweeter" high end. I have a Genz Shuttle 6.0 on the way but can't help thinking the new Mesa Fathom would be the bomb with 2 of the Tri 115s! Played one at the Mesa Hollywood store and that amp sounds really, great.

6. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    So, any update? How do you like the Tri-115?

7. Still waiting on the Tri 115 as they are back ordered. I have been thinking a Berg AE210 sitting on top might be vicious!

8. njjazzman2002

njjazzman2002 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2007
    New Jersey
    Your description is very accurate IMHO of the
    Tri115L. Once you fire it up :bassist: , I think you will be very pleased with your decision.

FWIW, I drive mine w/ just a Mesa Walkabout...certainly not the rated power of a Shuttle 6.0 or Fathom; but the Walkabout has plenty of power to drive one Tri115L...and the tone is killa. (I see you have a Walkabout in your profile...check it out.)

9. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I think you will love the Tri-115, Rythm5. I have been using mine with a Thunderfunk 550. Previous posters are correct in stating that there is no mud or mush. Also your past experience with cabs loaded with 15's probably did not have a dedicated mid driver which makes a big difference.

Elros - I don't think you are missing a thing with your pair of Tri-112's. I used mine on stage at an outdoor festival last year for monitoring and it did fine. I think I might set the 112 on top of the 115 just for fun this year. :D

Ken