1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some rig help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MooseKnuckle, May 3, 2010.

1. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    With some research help, I can't decide which rig would be a better tone, and have enough "power"/volume/headroom for what I'm about to get into. I'm about to embark into a different music style than I'm used to of acoustic/light rock(a la Dave Matthews Band). I have 2 options that I've been going back and forth on. My signal begins with a Warwick Corvette Std. 6-string bass, then into either a Markbass Studio Preamp, or a BBE BMAX-t preamp. Then, the signal goes into a Bergantino IP310. I like the idea of this rig cause it seems simplistic/minimalistic(in size maybe), but good tone(especially with the Markbass pre-which is my favored one). The second rig is my 'wick going into an Aggie dB751 head, then into a Bergantino NV610. I feel I might want the second only cause it might have more "oomph" then the first rig. I'm sure there is more to my decision than just this, but it's a start. Any help, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Sure, bring all the gear over and I will listen / play and help you decide.

Thanks for asking,

BOB

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I agree this kind of stuff needs to be decided in a live situation. Such as paying a dude to stand at the end of the hall and listen to the final product. :cool:

4. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    I agree too, but figured I could get alittle help before I try to drop that amount of green for either one. Especially, when it's hard to find a Berg dealer in MD. There are some in VA and PA, that's about it.