1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need suggestions for a new 4-stringer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SteveMorris, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Hey all, I currently play a Peavey Cirrus BXP 5 and a Fender P-Bass, but I want to replace the P-Bass with another 4. My main criteria are:
    • Natural wood finish (prefer darker woods like mahogany)
    • Thinner neck, like an Ibanez for example
    • Would like neck-through design for aesthetics and tone, but not a deal-breaker
    • $300-600 price range
    Here are a couple that have caught my eye. What are some others that might be good for me and/or advice on these here?

Ibanez SR500 / ESP LTD B-4E

Attached Files:

2. DizzyExiled

DizzyExiled

Jan 22, 2010
    Chico, Ca
    If you can do used, Carvins can be found for ~600. I got my LB-70 for that with case. Active electronics, thin neck, narrowish nut, and it's maple neckthru walnut wings.

My friend uses a carvin and has an Ibanez as a backup. and sometimes he just uses the Ibanez

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    You may try to find a used Status Energy. They can be found in this price range and except the neck-through design, they fit all your requirements. Good luck in your search.

4. bamba22

bamba22 Commercial User

Dec 24, 2009
    owner of beginner-bass-guitar.com
    Carvins will be really good for you, but in the range of prices that you have I this that only used

5. BassEyeDoc

BassEyeDoc

Dec 25, 2009
    Peavey Grind. Natural wood, NTB with a fast neck and passive pups. That Ibanez is nice too.

JW