1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to apologize, as required

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassguy74, Apr 15, 2010.

1. I have decided it would be best for me to apologize for sparking on everyone with my post about "non-black bassists".

Even though I still have my opinions and am not going to change them because people were offended by them, the fact is people WERE offended by them, which I never like doing to anyone and feel is not right. And, I should have either reworded the post or better yet just thought to myself, "It's probably going to be very controversial so I'd best just not even post it to keep the peace." But I went against that better judgement, and of course, everyone involved in the thread knows what happened therein.

So again, I apologize to those I offended and hope that those people can forgive me and hopefully not judge me as a jerk who is not worth giving the time of day to. LOL

Well enough of that. Moving forward... :)

2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Takes stones to apologize. I'll still give you the time of day.
    In fact, it's 11:45 out here on the West Coast. :D

3. LOL!! Geez.. :)

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    3:04pm in Jersey... it's all good.

5. This was supposed to be for the people that posted in the forum though; I don't recognize either of your guys' names from there... :confused: Oh well there were a lot of posts, maybe I missed it. LOL

Either way, thanks guys.

6. 5.05pm East Coast New South Wales, Australia.
    And I'm still white. Bugger.
    Don't beat yourself up. There's always plenty of volunteers for that.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    As a former Mod of this Bassist section, I reported your thread to the current mods as both a gray area post (could fall under either rule #3 or #4) to be watched and to voice my objection to it personally.

You might be surprised that the ones most uncomfortable with the thread in question are the ones that chose to report/ignore it.

8. Ahhh well that explains it. LOL And no, not surprised about the thread report/ignore thing.

9. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Link to thread? I want to see if I'm offended. :D

2:20p Central Time

10. No thanks; I'd rather leave it in the past. ;) If you REALLY want to read it you can always look it up, I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard. lol

11. Very big of you to apologize, sir. Way to represent for the NorthWest.

12. Very nice......3:35 in Detroit

13. hehe! Thanks dear sir. :)

14. OK enough of the time thing people! I get that you're willing to give me the time of day!! LOL :p

15. See, now by saying that, you're gonna get it even more!!!!

3:38

16. Well done, bassguy74! It takes a degree of humility and courage to admit when you're wrong, and I admire that. I think if more people would man up when they did wrong the world would be a better place. You hear me, Tiger?:meh:

3:46 PM EDT;)

17. OK since everyone else is doing, I may as well do it! 12:48 PM Pacific!!!!!! LOL!

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    12:52 here.

Who are you?

19. Read some of my posts and you shall discern. :):)

20. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    I was going to post something sarcastic, but I went and read your OP and thought you asked an honest, simple, straight forward question without any unethical overtones. If some people jump to conclusions about you....well, you can't help that. We are all supposed to be adults here, even if we act like little kids sometimes...make that all the time. It takes stones to make a public apology (even if any mistake you made was unintentional), and I applaud you for it!