1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need used (cheap) jam spot PA speaker recommendation

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Lost our spot and I have to come up with a PA for practice. I have everything but speakers. The speakers need to handle one vocal and about 300w/ea. I have about 150-200 to spend. I don't care if they're old I just need something to get the job done at practice.

Can you recommend a certain brand/model you've used? I'm thinking older Peavey, Carvin, Yamaha...??

2. Craigslist will have something - some yamaha have eminence drivers

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I might have a pair of JBL's I could let go. I think they are the JRX series. Single 15 with a horn. Kind of a long way from Ohio Though

4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I think you already answered your own question. Used Peavey would be my first choice then used Carvin.

5. I actually have 2 Peavey 15 cabs for sale. They're 400 watts, 38 lbs each, the grey space age plastic ones, for $200. I'm clear in Northwest Indiana, so it would be an awfully long drive for you. We've used these Peavy speakers for years, actually have three pair, so these might be a good style to look for. I'm throwing in two tri-pod stands to set them on, as we also have four sets of these.

6. cool guys, thanks for all the recommendations! I'll scope for peaveys and carvins...

7. Regional courier would be not that expensive... you're right along the 94 corridor.