1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need your input ,ibanez sr1200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chf3354, Apr 18, 2006.

1. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    hi guys,i am thinking of getting an ibanez sr 1200 ,anybody outhere has one? please let me know ,the sound construction ,specially the string spacing ,i heard they are pretty good ,thanks carlos:bassist:

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I've got an SR800, and I have nothing bad to say about it...

I say go for it :p

3. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    thank you minger ,i will ,let you guys know tomorrow when i get it thanks carlos

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

It's an older model, so it might not have Bartolini pickups/pre, and that's the only thing I think you'd not dig too much, since Ibanez didn't used to be known for having too great stock pups.

5. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    thank you steve21 ,this one has the afr pickups ,it looks great on pictures ,will see what this can do!will keep you posted!!! carlos

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    My SR-1206 six-string was my main (easily 90% of the time) bass for 4 years before I came to the rude awakening that I wasn't using a six-string to it's full potential, and that I ultimately preferred other methods of construction for "my sound".

However I still own it, and it's the best bass out of all of mine for chordal and tapping work (I believe the laminated wood and neck-through construction helps in those factors). I'd agree that the preamp and pickups aren't the greatest, but they're certainly usable. Still, you might want to budget for replacements depending on how good a deal you can get (and from my tracking them on eBay, there are deals to be made! :D )

7. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    rhank you ian,very good advice ,i am going right now to get it ,i wii posr my findings carlos

8. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    hi after trying fenders ,gibsons and bongos ,i got the ibanez sr 1200 ,this thing rocks,is giving me with the stock pickups a very warm,midi trebly and bassy sound all in one ,this is what i was looking for!! this one has the upper half of the body with the most beautiful birds eye maple ,the bottoms ar mahogany with very nice grain and the neck is zebra wood and maple sandwich,this thing sustains!! i am very happy and lucky to have come accross one ,i tink they are kind of rare ,i tell you boys ,this toy i will keep ,made in korea ,construction is excellent if you find one GET IT!!!! carlos:hyper:

9. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    i just got the ibanez sr1200 made in korea ,what a job ,zebrawood and maple for the neck ,bottom half of the body wings ,very nice grain mahogany, the top half is the most beautiful birds eye maple ,pao ferro ftretboard with oval inlays ,but with the stock afr full range pickups ,i got a surprise ,no noise and ,is bassy warm ,midi and trebly sound all in one with almost no tweaking it has been what i was looking on a bass sound and i had precisions ,jazz ,even a bongo ,and to me this sound is way better ,action is so low ,no buzz anywhere no dead spots and it sustain 4ever ,if you guys find one GET IT!!! so close yet so far!!! carlos

10. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    No pictures, no bass.

You're a bit new, so that's rule #1.

11. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    ok minger ,no camera ,but my daughter will be comming here tomorrow and i will have pictures for all , carlos

12. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    minger ,check my public profile ,i am not new ,i just kept my mouth shut ,then when i opened ,i got banned !!! i have been here since 1/26/04 chao carlos

13. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    this are 2 for now ,more comming soon! carlos:hyper:

Attached Files:

5.jpg
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Views:
      4.jpg
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Views:
  14. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    2 more ,what do you think minger , i know i fell in love with this thing!!! carlos:bassist:

Attached Files:

3.jpg
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      2.8 KB
      Views:
  15. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    the pictures are not that good,as good as it gets with a cell camera , see ya guys carlos

16. nice
    i got an sr1200 only its flamed maple green. They gave me a hard time about the pics too. I still didn't get any posted. If your interested in a 5 string get an sr905.

17. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    cool, freak! i am a 4 banger ,but i bet for you 5 stringers ,freaks advice its on the money ,this are well crafted ,great sounding basses ,if the neck was a little thicker it would be perfect, but you cant have everything !!! ,by the way freak, what pickups do you have on yours? carlos