1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new 5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryanrocksursock, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Ryanrocksursock

Ryanrocksursock

Jan 17, 2008
    so im looking at getting my first 5 ive narrowed it down to a few options

Ibanex ATK-305

Schecter elite 5

or a custom carvin b5

anyone have any experiences with these basses?

2. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I like the Schecter that I have played and I thought the ATK sounded pretty good. The ATK sounds better to me but the Schecter has a better neck profile and weighs less. Beyond that all I can add is play them both, decide which sounds better to you and then look at which neck profile and body weight suits you best and go from there.

Maybe not too helpful but it really is all about the ears and hands (and in my case back :D). Just make sure it inspires you.

3. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    I assembled,finished and really like my Carvin BK5 (kit). The B string sounds good and the neck is extremely comfortabe. I have the humbucker/single coil option- one piece walnut body, black hardware. The kit is less than $500.00.

4. I have never played the Schecter or a Carvin, but I do own an ATK and love it. So, my vote goes for the ATK. It's very versatile, especially with the right cab.

5. heres the thing with buying a production bass...you have to sit down with as many as you can that fit what youre looking for, play them all and play all the different styles you can think of. something is just gonna jump out at you about a bass (or two, etc) that you really like and things are going to jump out at you that you just dont like at all. you cant rely on the fact that 20 people on the internet told you this bass is better than that, you've just gotta feel it

i went to purchase a Jazz bass after Christmas and ended up hating the few i played, but fell in love with my warwick and ended up walking away with it instead