Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New 7-string picture

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LM Bass, Nov 25, 2003.

1. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    New Mollerup 7-string pic.

[​IMG]

There are other new bass pics at the end of This thread

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    nice body style. not much for the pickup covers, though, a bit too light coloured. unless they match the body i don't really like pickup covers, though.

3. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks John,

Good point about the covers. They are a little lighter, but not as drastically different as they look in the picture. The computer always seems to make things look redder.

Here are the specs for this one:
    Semi-hollow 2" thick basswood body with birdseye top and flamed maple back. Neck of cherry and maple, purpleheart headstock with a birdseye facing. Aero type 2 pickups with an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. Hipshot B style bridge and tuners.

4. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Super nice man. I have always liked your basses.

5. sweet. i REALLY dig that headstock!

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I ALWAYS dig your basses , bro!

7. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks Adrian!

Defeldus,
    Thanks for the comment. That's the first 7-string headstock I've made, and it was a challege to keep it small, yet make the "B" string post a little further from the nut. The bass balances really well, though it's a little heavier than some of my others. Still a lot lighter than the bass it replaced.

The owner is a big Jimmy Haslip fan, and he gets all those super high notes that Jimmy plays on "Red Heat". I found the 7 a little confusing, but who knows, someday I might need one too!
    LM