Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joey_three, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Joey_three

Mar 20, 2005
    I want to get a new amp head and cabinet.I was just wandering what are good ones i want one i can play at gigs cause my amp is alright but not powerful enough. The price range is $1200 or under. If some one could atleast point me in the right direction that would be great.

Shoud be big enough and easily fit your budget - I know quite a lot of guys on here use them
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

For your money, as stated above, the Kustom Groove Bass + some Avatar cabs ( should fit the bill...
  4. I'm a groovebass owner too... i like it.

You should also consider SWR WorkingPro400/700 and the GK1001. And Traynor for Tube-amp.
  5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I'd suggest buying used pro grade stuff. You should be able to get something like a Wt600 and 410XL, used but in good condition, for around $1,200.
  6. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Used SVT-ii (non pro) and This cab
  7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hint, there is one for sale in the For Sale forum... ;)
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    +1 on the used pro gear.
  9. MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    I re-read your question and I don't think that I saw anything about the type of music you play or what kind of sound you might be looking for.

That sort of makes recommendations rather tough.

That said, I agree with those that recommend PRO gear. Meaning not the "B" word or its ilk.

British Audio Service has a smoking V300H amp for sale (NOS) for $450. That leaves you $750 for a nice bin (or bins). Go visit the current "Trace Elliot" thread on this forum if you want to know a little bit about what many consider to be one of the greatest lines of amps ever made. I think this is an extremely fine deal. For that kind of money you could get cheap Chinese stuff. Why bother?

As far a speaker boxes: Schroeder, Bag End, Genz Benz, Mesa, EA, Eden, bla bla bla bla bla. . .

On the other hand, if you just want to blast as loud as possible (and many do), any old mainstream brand will be just fine. No offense to anyone playing lite jazz through an SVT. Sorry.