1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Avatar Cabs are up on the site

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcr23, Apr 22, 2010.

1. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    Weird thing is that both the 115 and 1510 are rated at 500W but seem to have the same 15" speaker: Eminence Delta 15 LF :eyebrow:

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I can buy that...if the cab is crossed over with the 15 being the low and the 10" being the mid, then I would consider the wattage rating of the 15" to be that of the cab, as the 10 won't be seeing nearly as much wattage as a mid. Therefore, the 15 would be the limiting factor.

3. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    :oops:h ok. That makes sense then. If I had the space or didn't have my guitar rig I would order one now.

4. t1r2u3s4t

t1r2u3s4t

Apr 22, 2010
    From the wordings, it looks like the 1510 has a tweeter and a 2-way xover between the tweeter and the 10+15.

5. My thoughts too...

There is NO mention of the cab being 3-way. And from the picture, it seems that there is no seperate chamber for the 10" :rolleyes:

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Also entirely possible...with the burgeoning popularity of 15/6, 12/6 and the like, its not a surprise that a cab manufacturer might present a similarly 'styled' cabinet but take the easy way out when it comes to the rest. :(

7. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Shenanigans.

8. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    they took them down now :confused:

9. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Nope they are still there

10. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Descriptions and images are posted. But no prices... :confused:

MM

11. Not sure anyone at Avatar is suggesting this is a true 3-way design. It is clear (to me at least) that this is a 2-way design that is utilizing the natural roll-offs of the 15 and 10 with a cross-over to the tweeter. Low-end power handling will be compromised in a design like this compared to a true 3-way design, so careful control of real low frequencies might be in order. But this is no different than an typical separate 15/10 stack that isn't crossed over so this might be a nice sounding cab and a good single-cab solution for some. It is obviously not as sophisticated as a true 3-way design.

12. Prices are up and start at $389 + $48 shipping for the rat fur version.

13. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    65lbs., sorry too heavy for me. I'll stick w/ my 2-112's.

14. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    So, a piece of crap? ;)

I'm just joking with you. No need for me to open that phase-issue mismatched speakers can of worms, someone else will do it for me in under an hour, I reckon.

15. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Obviously there are no reviews yet b/c no one has one of these but...
    Based on SPECS alone I'm really disappointed. The dimensions of the new cab are identical to the B212, and to my eyes the shelf port at the bottom of the cab appears to be the same as well. Until we hear otherwise from Avatar I will accept this to be fact; I own a B212; it's the same cabinet. MAYBE the shelf port is longer/shorter...I doubt it.

I'm also going to assume there is no separate chamber for the 10" mid. A 15" and a 10" sharing the same (really small) airspace? Heeeello? Are you high? So...you took the B212 enclosure, cut a new baffle and called it good? This can't be the truth...just can't be. But in true Avatar fasion, the website sucks; no real info...no numbers or measurements.

Ho-lee-crap, what a disappointment.

ps
    I own a B212 and a 212 guitar cab; love'em both. I am a satisfied Avatar customer. But this cab? This cab is either a box of feces, or I'm totally not seeing some awesome, never been done before flux-capacitor smlicrystal umpchangrel meteorite powered somethingorother.

16. I would think that phase issues would trail behind the sensitivity and displacement(power handling) differences...
    If the 15" is more sensitive then the 10" then it will get louder then a 2x10" but by how much? it will fart out with the same input power...

Unless of course it has a real three -way x-over, in which case, why does it ahve a deltalite 10" for a midrange?

17. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Make no mistake, I'm with you. I just get tired of typing the same things every time this topic comes up, I'm going to let someone else carry the torch.

Looks like it's you!! :hyper::hyper:

Have fun! (You won't)

18. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Where's my 1X15"+tweet "BagEnd style" small cube? Where's my big-as-a-dorm-fridge single 15" cab, size-optimized for low-end-thump-of doom? So many boats calling to you, Avatar! Seems you missed all of them with this one.

19. I read enough to get the gist of a lot of this... I also see too many "pm BFM or Greenboy or Duke... for simple physics... I try and jump in when possible to slow down the floodgates... then we can get the improtant information from the sources.

20. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    He uses the Deltalite because he already has them around for the 2x10 4x10 cabs I spose.......

Hope he did his homework, at least some fairly extensive destructive testing. Methinks there's 'gonna be quite a few repetitive "why do I keep blowing 10"s in my new 1510 Avatar" threads in the works, hope I'm wrong. SWR triad debacle ring a bell?