New Avatar Cabs are up on the site

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcr23, Apr 22, 2010.

1. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry if my comment sounded off to you, obviously I'm no master of understanding I just don't have the time I wish I did and appreciate all the bits of knowledge I get here. I have edited the original statement.

2. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Wha wha what?? No man, you got it all wrong. I was just agreeing that the fEarfull threads, unedited, are a real pain to wade through.

3. OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Oh ok, now I see. :) Was an early morning for me, must of needed coffee when I read your post.

It just seems soooooo many of the knowledgeable reply to questions with: "read the fEarful thread" I was afraid I offended someone.

4. lewislngvw

lewislngvw Guest

Aug 16, 2005
    longview,texas
    i only hope that everyone will give them a chance....i have a 112 and a 212 and they are awesome...i have pushed them to the max in an outdoor gig with about 750 watts and NEVER had an issue.....actually my crown amp gave out first....just because an item is cheaper than an eden or berg or schroeder doesnt mean it wont work......be patient people.....let the reviews come b4 you go all crazy with it....sure its not an ampeg....but its not at the same price point either.....and if anyone wants to slam me...lets go......take a chill pill.....life is WAY too short to worry over these things...you may not even be here tomorrow....would it matter then?

5. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    In our studio I run a shuttlemax12 into a 2x12 neo and a 1x12 with a midrange 5" mod at silly volume sometimes. Very durable cabs. Cheap is not always CHEAP!

6. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    I'll sell my 1212L get one of these and call it a day... especially if it is under 40lbs give or take afew lbs.

7. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    are they done yet?

8. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I don't see the 15s on Avatar's site anymore. I guess they've been taken down?

9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    That sounds great.. and reasonable.. any idea on the weight off the top of your head?

10. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Actually, Dave at Avatar took the page with the new 15's down about a day after he put it up. His prototype cabs were on sale in the B Stock page of the Avatar site...don't know if they ever sold. I wonder whether there are new/revised designs REALLY in development or if the idea of 15's was scrubbed entirely. I've wanted to buy a 210 to put on top of my 212 but I'm waiting to see what he comes up with.

11. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Dang...sweeet...when?

Originally Posted by daveAvatar View Post
    Thanks...great info. Even with the nice crossover we'll be using..I am planning to be under $500..maybe even under $450 as an intro price for the new TB153 3 way

12. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Gotcha.....I REALLY wanted a 1X15 to put under my Avatar 2X12DeltaLF.

13. Handyman

Handyman

Sep 4, 2007
    Austin, TX
    If they manage to do a well design and fairly light three way cab at that price point, they'll be selling the things by the boat load.

Can't wait to see what they come up with.

14. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    So, anyone know anything? Are the 1x15s goners?

15. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    it sure seems like it since they're not shown on the website.

optimistically , i would think that might still be redesigning it, and a phone call would probably answer that question better.

16. OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Last time I called Dave said they would be ready at the end of August. I guess they are goners:(